With the firework season fast approaching, it is important that you are aware of the best possible options you can do to ensure your pet is feeling safe, happy and comfortable. This blog is going to run through the options that you can do to ensure your pet is given the best care.
Loud noises, such as fireworks, can become extremely distressing for most pets. The sudden change in their environment can make them feel uncomfortable and can sometimes make them cause harm to themselves. Be sure to carry on reading to find out the possibilities that you can do for your dogs, cats, small animals, and reptiles. dogs:
Reports from RSPCA, show that 40% of dogs are fearful of loud noises such as fireworks. The RSPCA received a 100% increase in the number of calls regarding loud noises and the impact that they have on their pets. Numbers rose from 255 in 2011 to 533 in 2017.
There are a few things you can do to ensure that your dog is safe and comfortable when the fireworks season begins. Prior to the fireworks starting, ensure that you have created a quiet space where your dog can feel in control. This also links with creating a hiding space where they know they can go, around your home.
Other things you can do include;
- Walking your dog around daylight hours to avoid times when fireworks are likely to be set off.
- Close windows and curtains to muff;e the sound of fireworks.
- Put on some music or tv to mask the sound of the fireworks.
- Purchasing them with a new chew or toy to provide their mind with something new to play with.
Providing your dog with a new toy can help distract them from the loud noises outside. Some of the suggestions we have to include;
- The Ancol Frame Ball – Great for throwing and retrieving with a variety of sizes, textures, squeakers, and colours means the range surely houses the perfect companion for every canine.
- Trixie Dog Activity Boards – Dog Activity Snack Toys and Strategy Games from TRIXIE offer new mental challenges for your dog. Inside the intelligence toys, the reward is waiting for your dog. The trick is to find the right technique to open each hiding place.
- KONG Classic -Offering enrichment by helping satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs, the KONG Classic’s unique all-natural red rubber formula is ultra-durable with an erratic bounce that is ideal for dogs that like to chew while also fulfilling a dog’s need to play. Be sure to stuff with tempting bits of kibble and also entice with a dash of peanut butter. Also, add to the fun by adding KONG Snacks and topping with KONG Easy Treat.
Click the images below to find out how you could keep them calm during the firework season.
With any questions, be sure to message the HugglePets team via Facebook.