King British Aquarium Sealant
King British Aquarium Sealant –
A ready to use silicon sealant for making & repairing aquariums.
Silicone sealant ideal for aquaria building/repair, mounting valves and sealing connections. It offers a permanently flexible, watertight seal and excellent adhesion even under extreme pressure.
It is harmless to fresh and saltwater fish.
- For aquaria building/repair, mounting valves & sealing connections
- Offers a permanently flexible, watertight seal & excellent adhesion
- Harmless to fresh & saltwater fish
Sizes available in: 25 g and 78 g.
How to use:
- All surfaces you would life to seal must be clean, dry and free from grease. You can clean surfaces using methylated spirits, applied to a tissue or cloth, before applying the sealant.
- Remove cap and pierce tube diaphragm (25g size) / Remove nozzle, cut off end of plastic cartridge and screw on nozzle (78g size).
- Cut tip of nozzle to required width of seal. The nozzle opening must always be wider than the joint to be sealed, allowing sealant to make contact with both surfaces.
- Press tip of nozzle against the sides of the joint and hold the tube/cartridge at a 45 degree angle.
- Push the tube/cartridge while applying a steady, even pressure at the base. Ensure that a bead of sealant is ahead of the nozzle as it moves forward.
- Smooth any inconsistencies to the finished bead with a wet instrument such as a spoon or spatula. Smooth surfaces lightly ensuring sealant makes contact with both surfaces whilst still un-cured.
- Any excess of misapplied sealant should be removed whilst still un-cured using a tissue or cloth soaked in methylated spirits.
- After completing the application, ensure that the sealant is kept dry and undisturbed for at least 48 hours.
Click here to also browse a wider range of King British aquarium products!
To keep up to date with HugglePets, follow us on Facebook!
Aquaria Sealer 78g – MPN : 17940,
Aquaria Sealer 25g – MPN : 17939