NT LABS Aquarium Lab Nitrate Test
NT LABS Aquarium Lab Nitrate Test –
Nitrite – produced by beneficial filtration bacteria as they break down the harmful waste ammonia excreted by the fish.
Like ammonia, it is not visible to the naked eye. Although it is not as toxic as ammonia, nitrite is still very damaging to the health of the fish. Nitrite itself broken down into nitrate, which is practically harmless to fish.
- Tests for Nitrate
- Highly accurate liquid test
- Simple to use
- 40 Tests
If 0.25 – 0.5 mg/l (ppm) of nitrite is found, then add Filter Starter. If a level above this is recorded, then a substantial water change is essential. Change 25% of the water volume for 1 mg/l (ppm) nitrite and 50% for nitrite levels above this.
If any level of nitrite is detected Ammonia Remover will remove ammonia (and thus nitrite) from the water and can be recharged. If you do record a nitrite level, then it is important to check other vital water quality parameters, especially pH and ammonia.
How to use?:
- Ensure the test tube is clean.
- Take a 5 ml sample of water into the test tube.
- Add 5 drops of the Nitrite reagent.
- Replace the test tube cap and then shake it thoroughly.
- Wait 2 minutes, then compare the colour of the sample to the colour scale provided. Zero nitrite represented by a colourless sample. Any hint of pink in the sample indicates the presence of nitrite in the water. Any colour forming after the two minutes should be ignored.
There is no occasion where nitrite is tolerable in an aquarium. You should maintain a level of zero mg/L (ppm) at all times.
Regularly monitor water quality so that you can create a safer environment for your fish by keeping the optimum levels within your aquarium.
Click here to also browse a wider range of Water Tests we stock!
To keep up to date with HugglePets, follow us on Facebook!
NT Aquarium Lab Nitrate Test – MPN : 262035