King British Algae Control 100ml
King British Algae Control 100ml –
A natural, easy-to-use water treatment.
To control algae growth in coldwater, tropical and marine aquariums.
Algae growth is not only unsightly, but it can be lethal to fish as it drastically lowers oxygen levels in the water.
King British Algae Control contains friendly micro-organisms, cultivated on barley straw. It controls filamentous algae, including blanket weed, and green water in your fish tank.
Captive fish live in a completely closed environment and are entirely dependent on their surrounding water.
This means they are reliant on us to maintain their water quality at a suitable level for them to be able to live healthy, happy lives.
When to use King British Algae Control:
- If green filaments of algae are visible in the aquarium
- If a green haze is visible on aquatic plants, ornaments or the aquarium glass
- Once every 14 days to control algal growth
Suitable for use in coldwater, tropical and marine aquariums.
How to use: ALWAYS FULLY READ THE PRODUCT LABEL AND PACKAGING BEFORE USE.
Initial treatment: Use 5 ml of King British Algae Control per 9 litres of water.
Maintenance treatment: Use 2 ml of King British Algae Control per 9 litres of water once every 14 days.
- Calculate the size of your aquarium. If you are unsure how to do this then please follow the instructions below.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Using the pipette provided, which dispenses 1ml, or the cap of the bottle which holds 4ml, measure the required amount of King British Algae Control.
- Dispense the treatment directly into the aquarium water.
- Continue water filtration during treatment.
To ensure the water in your aquarium remains free from algae we recommend carrying out a 10% water change and using King British Algae Control every 14 days.
Formulas to calculate the volume of water in your aquarium
Square and rectangular aquariums: Average Length (cm) x Average Width (cm) x Average Height (cm) ÷ 1000 = Volume (L)
Circular aquariums: Surface Area (cm²) x Average Depth (cm) ÷ 1000
If you are unsure what the surface area of your circular aquarium is you will need to calculate this using (R² x π) or by using the following steps.
- Measure the radius of your aquarium. This is the centre of the aquarium to the edge. The easiest way to do this is to measure across the entire length of your aquarium across the middle and divide by 2: Length (cm) ÷ 2 = Radius (cm)
- Then, multiply the answer by itself: Radius x Radius (or R²)
- Next, multiply the new answer by 3.14 (or R² x π) = Surface Area (cm²)
- You are now ready to calculate the volume of water in your aquarium
- Multiply the new answer by the average depth of your aquarium: Surface Area (cm²) x Average Depth ÷ 1000 = Volume (L)
Click here to also browse a wider range of Aquarium Water Treatments we stock!
To keep up to date with HugglePets, follow us on Facebook!
Algae Control 100ml – MPN : 12263